Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Getting a .rdl from a ReportBuilder save

I have created and deployed a report model.
I can go to http://localhost/reports not problem
I can create reports no problem using the Report Builder.
My question is: Is there a way of grabbing some sort of .rdl file or
something of that report so I can publish it to another server? After
I save the report I cannot find it anywhere.
Using the Report builder is way simpler than building reports in a VS
report project.
Is there something I am missing? Can you build .rdls in VS using the
same simple UI that is in Report Builder?
Thanks,
BillBill,
By default the report builder will save the RDLin Reporting Services in the
folder where your model is located. You can navigate to this folder via the
Report Manager Website (http://{server}/Reports), navigate to where your
model is located and your RDL should be there.
OR
You can save the RDL to your local hard drive through the Report Builder
application via the File \ Save To File and specify on your local hard drive
where u'd like to save the RDL.
Hope this helps.
-Rick
"bill" wrote:
> I have created and deployed a report model.
> I can go to http://localhost/reports not problem
> I can create reports no problem using the Report Builder.
> My question is: Is there a way of grabbing some sort of .rdl file or
> something of that report so I can publish it to another server? After
> I save the report I cannot find it anywhere.
> Using the Report builder is way simpler than building reports in a VS
> report project.
> Is there something I am missing? Can you build .rdls in VS using the
> same simple UI that is in Report Builder?
> Thanks,
> Bill
>

No comments:

Post a Comment