Monday, March 26, 2012

getting "this.cell.value" from an expression

What I'd like to do is apply an expression for a bunch of cells thats
not dependant on the underlying data...
for cell bgcolor I'd like it to basically say if value != 0, bgcolor is
gray or something
so for bgcolor I pick expression and would like to say IIF(this.Value = 0,"White","Gray")
My question is how can I get a reference to the current cell. I can
determine by the underlying data, eg mydata.Value.whatever, but I'd like
to be able to apply the same expression to about 20 diff columns.
Thanks in advance
Weston WeemsThe matrix cell content seems to be a textbox from your description. On the
textbox background property, use the following expression:
=iif(Me.Value = 0, "White", "Gray")
Note: Me.Value can only be used to access the value of the current textbox.
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Weston Weems" <wweems@.nospam_itsucksGMAIL.COM> wrote in message
news:uZ$tTvExFHA.2936@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> What I'd like to do is apply an expression for a bunch of cells thats not
> dependant on the underlying data...
> for cell bgcolor I'd like it to basically say if value != 0, bgcolor is
> gray or something
> so for bgcolor I pick expression and would like to say IIF(this.Value => 0,"White","Gray")
>
> My question is how can I get a reference to the current cell. I can
> determine by the underlying data, eg mydata.Value.whatever, but I'd like
> to be able to apply the same expression to about 20 diff columns.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Weston Weemssql

No comments:

Post a Comment