Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Getting "Report Server WMI Provider error: Not Found" while configuring Reporting Sevi

I'm Getting "Report Server WMI Provider error: Not Found" when trying to Grant Database Access while configuring the Reporting Sevices Integration. Logging in fine to the DB. Tried all the WMI troublshooting and can't find any issues there. Any tips?

Many Thanks!!

I’m experiencing the same problem. Windows 2003 Server Standard, MSSQL 2005, SharePoint Services 3.0.

I hope someone is going to find a solution soon.

Thanks.

|||So sounds like a bug; I'll look into reporting it as such and maybe it'll get addressed in the next release. Guess that's what CTP's all about. Oh well, at least it seems it wasn't my screw-up for a change :)|||

Do you see the same error when connecting to the Report Server using the RS Config tool?

thanx,
Prash

|||

No, I'm able to connect and config the RS with that tool; also I can access and use report manager; here's something that I don't know whether is correct or not: when I browse to my reportserver virtual directory, I see a directory browsing type view een though directory browsing's not selected in IIS:

<page text>

wctestserv/ReportServer - /


Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:07 AM <dir> Users Folders


Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.2047.00

</page text>

Granted there are no reports on this site yet, but it's interesting (irritating) that I can't get the sharepoint report explorer web part to work with my report server either; same cause/issue?

Thanks!

|||

Looks like you have Report Server running in Native mode.

You need to switch it to SharePoint integrated mode before using "Grant Database Access" and other RS pages in the Central Admin. Refer to the following in SQL SP2 CTP BOL for more details: "How to: Create a Report Server Database for SharePoint Integrated Mode (Reporting Services Configuration) "

In any case, if you simply need to run the Report Explorer web part that worked in WSS 2.0 then should not have to switch the Report Server to SharePoint Integrated mode. Refer to section 4.1.1 in the SP2 readme @.http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/1/3/513534ae-a0e7-44e6-9a04-ba3c549a5f5f/sp2Readme_EN.htm
Note: you may want to use the -globalinstall switch with stsadm.exe in order to successfully connect the Report Explorer to the Report Viewer web part.

HTH
Prash

|||

I'm using SharePoint Services 3.0, so I don't have to mention Service Pack 2 I guess.

I still get the same problem: Report Server WMI Provider error: Not found while doing grand database access.

Thx.

|||Thanks, I figured out the report explorer; I was pointing at ReportServer VD when I shoulda been pointing at ReportManager VD (/reports); works well now (except getting it to connect with the reportviewer webpart, but that's for another forum) :). So somwhere I assume there's a config to switch my report server to integrated mode(?); I'll review those references you cite. Thanks for your help!!|||

Hi Prash,

I'm using WSS3.0 + MOSS 2007, so switch RS to "SharePoint Integrated Mode" would be best fit and thus can use the RS wbe part to render the reports in an easy way.

However, I can still not pass the "Grant Database Access" page, it pop-up:

The group name could not be found

Any advice?

Paul

|||I'm getting the same error message.|||

Refer to the following thread for the latest status on this:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1126475&SiteID=1

thanx,
Prash

No comments:

Post a Comment