Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting a SQL Express Database to work on a SQL Server

Hi,

I'm getting ready to deploy an ASP.NET application to a server that does not support SQL Express, but does support MS Access and SQL Server. Is there any easy way to convert my SQL Express code to either Access or regular SQL Server code, without having to change very much code in my application. I really like the integration that SQL Express has with Visual Web Developer, and would like to be able to keep that sort of integration if at all possible.

Thanks,
Drew

Assuming by "SQL Server" you mean "SQL Server 2005", the only thing that should need to change is the connection string. The rest of your code should be able to remain the same.|||

Try this blog and if it works let me know

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment